- Spring 2019 Advocacy Meetings Focus on College Transparency Act, HEA Reauthorization, Proposed Legislation
In spring 2019, NACE representatives met legislative staff and public policy leaders in Washington, D.C., to discuss a range of issues affecting higher education and employment, including reauthorization of the HEA, College Transparency Act, and Classroom to Careers Act.
- Fall 2018: NACE Discussions With Association, Public Policy Leaders
met with association and public policy leaders in Washington, D.C., in fall
2018 to discuss a range of topics.
- Winter/Spring 2018: NACE Representatives Meet With Public Policy and Higher Ed Leaders
In spring 2018, NACE staff and leaders met with a variety of public policy and higher education leaders in Washington, D.C.
- Fall 2017: NACE Staff Meet With Public Policy and Higher Ed Leaders
In September 2017, NACE staff met with public policy leaders in Washington, DC, to discuss higher education and work-related issues.
- NACE Provides Comments on Reauthorization of America COMPETES Act
In August, NACE Executive Director Marilyn Mackes provided the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation with comments on the Reauthorization of the America COMPETES Act on behalf of the association.
- NACE Response to DOE on New System of College Ratings
In February 2015, NACE responded the Department of Education’s call for comments on the DOE’s new system of college ratings.
- NACE Provides Senate HELP Committee With Comments on Higher Education Affordability Act
In August 2014, NACE Executive Director Marilyn Mackes provided comments to the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions regarding the Higher Education Affordability Act.
- NACE Comments on Higher Education Act
In August 2013, in response to the request for comments about the reauthorization of the Higher Education Act (HEA), NACE provided its observations and perspectives to the Education and Workforce Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- NACE Staff Discuss Career Readiness With Higher Ed Association Leaders
NACE staff members Matthew Brink and Ed Koc discussed career readiness with leaders from two higher education associations in April 2016.
- NACE Staff Present First-Destination Survey Processes, Results at 2016 AIR Forum
NACE staff members Edwin Koc and Matthew Brink presented on the NACE First-Destination Survey initiative to members of the Association for Institutional Research (AIR) at the AIR Forum 2016 in May. Processes for collecting and reporting data, implementation, and preliminary outcomes for the Class of 2015 are among the items shared at the presentations. The forum draws approximately 2,000 AIR members.
- NACE Briefs Hill Staff on Career Readiness, First-Destination
NACE staff and volunteer leaders brief public policy makers, legislative and executive department staff, and leaders from higher education associations on the NACE Career Readiness and First-Destination initiatives.
- NACE Supports Proposed Rules: STEM OPT (November 2015)
In November 2015, NACE joined with NAFSA and 10 other higher education associations to provide comments regarding DHS’s proposed rules for STEM OPT. While largely supportive, the comments also offered some recommendations for adjustments to the proposed rules.
- NACE Leaders Discuss STEM OPT, HEA, Career Readiness in D.C. (January 2016)
On January 20, 2016, NACE leaders met with representatives from NAFSA and AASCU to discuss STEM OPT, reauthorization of HEA, and career readiness.
- Perspectives on the New College Scorecard
On September 12, 2015, the Department of Education (DOE) issued its long-awaited update for the College Scorecard.
- NACE Responds to U.S. Department of Education’s Announcement of Plan to Drop College Ratings
On June 25, the Department of Education (DOE) announced it was dropping its plan to compare or “rate” colleges.
- Mackes Discusses Higher Education Legislation With Congresswoman Foxx
NACE Executive Director Marilyn Mackes met with U.S. Rep. Virginia Foxx, R – NC, to discuss pending legislation affecting the profession
- NACE Hosts Higher Education Policy Briefing for Policy Makers, Higher Ed Representatives
NACE hosted a higher education policy briefing in Washington, D.C., on February 26, 2015, for policy makers and representatives of higher education associations.
- Collecting Graduating Student Outcomes: First-Destination Survey Initiative for the Class of 2014
For the first time, NACE-member colleges and universities have the opportunity to collect and report graduate outcomes data using the same definitions, time frames, and parameters. More than 250 institutions have indicated they plan to collect and report outcomes data for Class of 2014 graduates using the NACE First-Destination Survey Standards and Protocols, and others are expected to take part. The aggregated data will provide for trends analysis.