Spotlight for Recruiting Professionals
The U.S. Department of Labor announced its new HIRE Vets Medallion Program, which will recognize employers that recruit, retain, and employ veterans, and that offer charitable services in support of the veteran community.
The department is establishing the program under the HIRE Vets Act. President Trump signed the act into law on May 5.
The department will establish two levels of awards—the Gold HIRE Vets Medallion Award and the Platinum HIRE Vets Medallion Award—for large employers and for small and medium-sized employers.
The award criteria include the:
- Percentage of employees who are veterans;
- Percentage of veteran employees who are retained;
- Establishment of veteran assistance and training programs;
- Employment of dedicated human resources professionals for veterans; and
- Income and tuition support for veterans.
The department will solicit, verify, and review award applications from employers on an annual basis.